About the Ness of Brodgar
DonateTo donate to the Ness of Brodgar excavation fund, click here.
Daily tours of the Ness of Brodgar excavation site run until Wednesday, August 22, 2012.
The weekday tours take place, from Monday to Friday, at 11am, 1pm and 3pm.
This year, for the first time, tours will also take place on Saturday and Sunday, at 11am and 3pm, although there will be no excavations on site.
Where on Earth is the Ness of Brodgar?
Plan of structures on site
What the diggers face on site…
Today Thursday Friday SaturdayRain15°/10°Chance of Rain15°/11°Chance of Rain14°/10°Mostly Cloudy14°/11°
- Setting the scene for another season on the Ness of Brodgar June 13, 2013 (3:20pm)
- TV crews due back on the Ness June 13, 2013 (9:40am)
- Summer excavation dates April 25, 2013 (7:00am)
- Ness of Brodgar excavation dates 2013 February 7, 2013 (1:47pm)
- Second place for Orkney World Heritage Site in UK’s top ten January 9, 2013 (1:39pm)
- Back to the USA for Ness of Brodgar lecture tour November 15, 2012 (10:50am)
- Another six weeks in Orkney’s Neolithic heartland… August 30, 2012 (11:48am)
- Ness of Brodgar in the spotlight at the Orkney Museum April 30, 2012 (6:42pm)
- Updated Ness of Brodgar site plan online March 27, 2012 (8:26pm)
- Eight Orkney projects to benefit from a share of OIC’s £50,000 archaeology fund March 1, 2012 (9:44pm)
- Another award for the Ness of Brodgar excavations February 29, 2012 (1:28pm)
- Resurrecting the Neolithic priesthood… January 10, 2012 (3:15pm)
- Anonymous benefactor gifts Ness of Brodgar property to the people of Orkney November 23, 2011 (4:04pm)
- Radiocarbon dates point to a millennium of activity on the Ness of Brodgar October 27, 2011 (11:50am)
- Do survey results show a massive prehistoric monument under the water of the Stenness Loch? October 3, 2011 (1:24pm)
- New finds in ‘cathedral’ building reignite age-old question – Stone Age dresser or altar? September 16, 2011 (10:50am)
- About a (Brodgar) Boy… August 2, 2011 (9:41am)
- Updated Ness of Brodgar site plan and 3d panoramas online June 19, 2011 (8:19am)
- Ness of Brodgar is Research Project of the Year February 28, 2011 (12:01am)
- Eight research projects share OIC’s £50k archaeology fund February 3, 2011 (9:58am)
Archive for August 6th, 2012
Day Sixteen Oh dear, oh dear. Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. It has rained and rained on the Ness for most of the day. And not your ordinary, common-or-garden…
Page 1 of 11